Monday, November 12, 2007

creation as domination as transubstantiation

A muse approaches.
I seize a squid from the cold ocean brine,
writhing in hand,
your ink is mine, your beak my nib,
your life my will.

And all will suffer for art. Some for their own. Some for other's.

7 comments:

David said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
David said...

originally published with s/will/must/, which was clearly a mistake.

Carla said...

Ooh. Your beak my nib. Your beak my nib.

Daniel said...

When an object reflects red light, I know it's red. By the same reasoning, we can conclude that Carla is awesome.

Carla said...

Or maybe I just have a shiny silver back.
Rrroar! Silverback! Grrrr!

Daniel said...

Carla, I didn't mean you just reflect awesome. I'm just noting alternative proofs. For example, you can't reflect my comments.

By the way, I just realized the U.S. Bank tower is tall, because when I stood next to it ...

Well, we all understand. I'm dumb and embarrassed.

Carla said...

Totally just kidding, D. Grading unthoughtful student thinkpieces is making me punchy. It's all good. :)