Thursday, November 15, 2007

pedagogical bliss

“I will not learn,” the student said to me.
You’d better, ‘cause what you know now
Won’t even earn a D.


But you assign the grades, just pass me ‘k?
How ‘bout instead you think, and work,
And earn a passing grade?


I told you once already that I think
Your subject’s dumb. Let’s not pretend
I’ll change my mind, you son …

No, stop. Right there. You really think I care?
I care exactly twice as much
As you. So I’ll be fair.

How ‘bout for extra credit, you compute
For me. No calculators, please,
Halve zero, then square-root.


You know I can’t work fractions. Fuck you, jerk!
I’m going to the dean; your goose
Is cooked. Ah. I love my work.

2 comments:

Thi N said...

There was a young boy from Fuckit.
Whose name was Alexander Fuckit.
He said, with derision,
"I hate long division,"
To which you should reply, "Fuck you!"

K said...

ditto that