Thursday, November 8, 2007

...4...5...6...testing

Philosophy aside my friend,
And joking too – but just for now –
Or maybe not; I can’t resist.
What do you call a legless cow?

That somehow sounds familiar, no?
I know it does, but I don’t care.
I’m so glad that you wrote to me,
I’m singing, jumping in the air.

I’m laughing ‘til it hurts and still
I cannot stop, or breathe, or stand.
I’m trying, really, to make sense
Of what I feel … YOU are the man!

And now that that is out of the way,
I think my verse can start to twist --
My rhyme and reason intertwine --
And still, I hope, give you the gist

Of feelings that I’ve had this week
And last week, and the week before,
When I kept going to your blog,
In hopeful, fruitless search for more

Of you and … Alright, I give up.
I’ve drafted thoughts and feelings now,
And nothing’s good; I’ve learned but this:
I’m just a puppy. Arf! Bow-wow.

You are the man of learning grand,
And I a Pavlovian amateur
I’ll gladly take you any way,
But next time not tetrameter?

2 comments:

Thi N said...

Daniel, how long did it take you to write this?

I'm starting to think that you're some kind of fucking genius.

Daniel said...

No, no. It's too late to change your story now. I'm just a pretty face.