Sunday, March 9, 2008

Berlin airport security man (young guy, obviously new to the job) attempts to reassure me. "It's ok I talk to you in English? I explain where we go."

"No problem! I just
check you for
explosives."

3 comments:

Carla said...

Note to self: Next time, wear more substantial bra when flying to Europe for 24 hours. Because they flag you as a security risk when you're only in Berlin for 24 hours and don't check any bags. And then the scary German woman with the Scary Security Baton feels you up (twice), as is her right: both before and after they lead you and your laptop to a Special Secret Room to check you for explosive residue.

David said...

<24 hours? Were you on planes longer than you were on the ground?

I'm guessing conference. Was it good enough to merit being groped twice by German airport security?

Carla said...

Yes - I was on planes for 48 hours and in Berlin for only 24. I know: ridiculous. I deserved to get felt up (twice) by the nice German lady.
I was giving a lecture at the Max Planck Institute, which I thought was just part of a colloquium but turned out to be a jobtalk. Long story. I won't get an offer for the position, but yes, it was totally worth doing.