I packed a thermos full of dense, cheese-tasting butternut squash soup that Curator made last night as my long-drive snack. Hot, dense, spiced squash soup is vastly superior to Pringles, as it turns out.
Car smells,
soup smells -
now stockyard!
The last time I made this drive, instead of listening to all the This American Life episodes I had prepared, I just listened to the two Joanna Newsom albums I had over and over again. This time: two new Boris albums - the beloved drone-sludge stoner-doom-metal Japanese band.
Boris -
makes time
vanish.
Traffic is perfect - I make the drive in 5 hours flat. My mother greets me with these words:
"How was the drive?
You came so fast!
Your tits are enormous!"
(translated from the Vietnamese by me)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
A useful phrase to know in any language.
did you respond with
a giant warm smile and
"not as big as yours, Mom!"?
Post a Comment