I met a girl today between the ground
And fifteenth floors. She smote me with her sweet
Soprano voice and her spiced smell, like a treat
Of sage and cinnamon I’ve never found.
But ding the elevator stopped, and out
We went, our separate ways; we didn’t meet
Again. Of course, I looked for her from street
To street, and even on the bus looked ‘round.
But home alone I went, without her name
Even, to slowly lose the sense, the thrill,
The memory of her. Already, (shame!)
I can’t recall enough twelve lines to fill!
Then David’s voice in whisper to me came,
“To capture Woman, sing about the hills.”
Thursday, April 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Convulsed with laughter enough that when Curator asked what I was laughing about, couldn't answer.
also, dig the use of more formal meter when there's a gag at the end.
Post a Comment