Thursday, April 17, 2008

A found (actually collected) semi-sonnet from the Internet to me today

heartless, ignorant shithead
Fuck you, and fuck you hard
slave to sociopathic impulses
stupidest fucking Ron Paultard
heartless, ignorant shithead
the biggest robot of them all
you're a sociopath
you are an agent of harm
Go to hell.


(This was actually all from a single poster over the course of an hour. Yes this was directed at me!)

What poems did people carry in their pockets today?

6 comments:

Bentley said...

Tennyson's Ulysses; it helped me refresh my memorization of it.

Sister Y said...

I love his Idylls of the King. Wow, what a great thing to have memorized. Do you have other things committed to memory? Both Thi and I want to have more poems in our head, but haven't yet managed it.

Thi N said...

Winter snows.
Maybe you should have a blog instead.
Permaban.

Thi N said...

I carried, as I always do, the poem you wrote me at the beginning of our romance.

That was on the old blog.

About the bear.

Sister Y said...

Silly old bear.

Bentley said...

I find memorizing poetry useful. The bulk of my memorized poetry currently is limericks and such doggerel. I've had Blake's Tyger and Tennyson's Ulysses memorized at various points. Also, Kipling's If. I'm always in the market for more poems to memorize. But if only for mnemonic ease, I prefer poems with a strong meter and rhyme scheme.

Also, and I'm putting all out on the line here: poems with a strong meter and rhyme scheme work well with my delivery and in generally work well in the confines of bar/cocktail party, which is where I'm going to be delivering such recitations.

Ideally while some other suitor is also vying for the affection of a comely young lass, and when he drops mention of some poem, I will swoop in with a full-fledged reading of it, with its rhythms accentuated by the valleys of my voice and the pop of my jew-fro.